In the Good Place series, Neil was the boss of the accounting department.
Neil is the application that solves three essential roles in the life of
a freelance programmer:
- Simplest CRM, which contains just Clients and Projects. With
simple metadata. For Client abbreviation and notes. For Project, it
is just Client and name.
- Task organization tool in the CRM hierarchy. Tasks have three states:
- TimeTracker assigned to the Tasks. You can start and stop work
intervals, which Neil records. You can then export timesheets
Interaction has two modes:
- CLI tool, which is easy to set up in dmenu like mode. For the communication it uses Hemple
Web interface which is sadly not finished at all, and awaiting big
rewrite with freshly cooked (at the time of writing)
Shawn and Chidi.
- The shiny new Web interface with Shawn,
Chidi and Trevor.
The storage of all the data was moved from deprecated LevelDB wrapper
to the Janet native solution by the Kamilah
and Eleanor in-house libraries.
Of the remarkable thing about the CLI is that many of the prompts are parsing
its input for set of commands starting with
to cancel current work interval and some of them even with the time parameter
!cut 15m to cut the last logged time by 15 minutes.